The Want / Wish List

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Gunderground's Zombie Doll



I decided to drop by SM Quiapo one day before heading home. I've been itching to go there for sometime to check out the toy section, and since I was nearby anyway, I thought it was a good a time as any.

SM Quiapo is a goldmine of bargain stuff. It is the Clearance Outlet for the SM mall chains because this is where they bring old stock to sell at bargain prices. I've found some great stuff here, like bargain-priced Funko Pops ( which, to this day, I regret not buying) and some blind-boxed anime figures.

On this trip, I discovered KISS Ugly Dolls and this zombie.


I found them on the lowest shelf at the end of a rack, at the back of the toy section. I didn't get any KISS dolls for myself though because I'm not a KISS fan. But I did go back and bought some a few days later for someone I know, who asked me to get her some next time I had the chance to go there. The KISS dolls were marked down to just Php 25.00, from the original Php 699.75 price tag. Forgetful idiot that I am, I didn't take a pic of the dolls before I shipped them out.


This zombie doll is made by Gunderground. It is about 5-6 inches high, and surprisingly quite heavy for a stuffed doll. That's probably because of the the material used for the feet. I think, but I've never tried, the doll can stand on its feet.


I'm guessing he's supposed to be a science teacher, or a student majoring in science. The equation e=mc2 is printed on both of the doll's arms.


The green hair on the doll's head is made of felt. The arms are attached to the body with a gray garter, so its' arms can be pulled and even crossed over the doll's body with ease.


It's a very cute-looking zombie which is why I didn't hesitate on buying it. That, and because it was so damn cheap too. Originally selling for Php 499.75 (according to the tag), I got it for the sweet bargain price of Php 25.00!

No comments: