The Want / Wish List

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

He-Man


"By the power of Grayskull, I have the power!"


He-Man has got to be one of the most memorable characters from the 80's. Every boy wanted to be him; I know I once did. I used to have a lot of He-Man action figures, even Castle Grayskull. Growing up, I was the only kid who had a Castle Grayskull in the neighborhood. While my playmates had almost every figure in the series, even the vehicles and weapon sets, they didn't have the castle. I felt really proud because I had one. Ofcourse my friends were envious.



But, alas, I don't have them anymore. I've managed to lose all of my He-Man toys, including the Castle. I must admit I haven't been very keen on taking care of them when I was younger.

But since I have rediscovered the joy of collecting toys, I have since been scouring the net and toy stores for He-man. I was so fortunate to have found a loose figure at a 2nd hand toy shop near where I live. Unfortunately for me, I didn't have any money on me that day so I went back the next day to buy it. But it was already gone. Somebody bought it right after I left.

I spent months looking for this particular figure. I've seen a lot on ebay, but it's mostly the ones from the MOTU series fro the 80's, which I wasn't looking for.



I found this 2 days after my birthday 2 years ago at a toyshop in Shoppesville. I was actually there looking for a personal birthday present, and when I saw this, I immediately took it off the rack and paid for it. It's from the newer line of MOTU toys, and I got it for 500 pesos( about $12), and admittedly it was actually a bit too much of what I'm willing to pay for an action figure. I normally wait until it goes on sale, and if it's loose I would haggle like crazy. But hey, it was new, still sealed and exactly what I wanted. So I went ahead with the purchase. I went home totally satisfied.

I'm not really looking to complete the entire series. I just want to get other select figures like Prince Adam, Skeletor, the other He-man Variants, Sorceress, Teela and She-Ra. Unfortunately, most of them are a bit hard to find, loose or MOC.

3 comments:

dementia said...

I remember the Castle Greyskull and the other castle (I forgot what it's called). My rich cousin had both. Mas gusto ko yung may mic which changes your voice. Nahingi ko nga yun eventually but I think mom gave it away :(

Micamyx said...

I didn't know you have a toy blog! :D

Ryan said...

Hi @ Micamyx!Toy photography and toy collecting are hobbies of mine kasi. Thanks for stopping by! =D

@ Dementia - I think you meant Snake Mountain? Sayang naman if your Mom gave it away na. =(