The Want / Wish List

Sunday, March 29, 2009

MegaHouse Dagashi Set



I love a good bargain which is why I'm always at 2nd hand toy stores and always on the look-out for sales. I would spend hours going through boxes, bins and racks just to find something in particular, and also spend hours browsing through online market websites like ebay.

I learned about this local online market called Auctions.ph. I can't recall how, but it was before they made their TVC that starred Alessandra De Rossi. Anyway, I was browsing through the site, looking for toys, books and comic books when I came across the listing for this toy set-- an opened box of dagashi miniatures from MegaHouse. MegaHouse is a Japanese toy company that has a big range of toys it manufactures.




It really was a bargain at 75 pesos! I hit the "buy it now" button immediately. Shipping fee was very minimal.

Dagashi is a Japanese shop that sells all sorts of sweets like chocolates, candies and snacks, at a very low and affordable price. These stores also sold cheap toys like tops, marbles, playing cards, etc. and were very popular back in the day. According to web-japan.org, up until the 60's and 70's, every town in Japan had one. You can read more about dagashi here.

I bought this just so I could use it as a subject for photography. But I have since parted with it after I took these pictures. I gave them to my niece  as a going away present.

No comments: