The Want / Wish List

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Afro Ken


 Here's another amazing find from the bargain pile.

I got this little dog  around July of last year, and I must admit I bought it because 1) it's cute, and 2) it was cheap. I got this from one of the 2nd hand/ loose toy shops I frequent for Php 20.00. My suking seller had a shipment of new stuff at that time, and there were a bunch of these little Afro Ken figures that came with it.
The figure, which was manufactured by Bandai, came mint on card and is made of hard plastic or vinyl. It comes with a removable rainbow-colored afro and measures roughly 2 inches high. I dunno what year it was produced though.

I'm not familiar with Afro Ken at all.  A little googling and I came up with this. I also asked a Japanese friend if she's familiar with him just to get a little background. 

I remember my suki told me that he is quite a popular character, and I think maybe she was right. All of her stocks of Afro Ken were gone when I returned to her store a week later. I came back because I wanted to get a few more to give out as gifts. 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww... Would have wanted to get this, too. Php20?! Where are these magical shops you frequent?

Ryan said...

They're in QC. Most are in one place, but there's another one that's close by. I'd be happy to show them to you if you'd like. =D