The Want / Wish List

Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Went To Collecticon 2012 and All I Got Was a Lego Mini Fig


And a free pin badge, too!

Collecticon 2012 has come and gone, and here I am just posting about it. I went with a couple of friends as early as we could. My buds arrived earlier and I think I got in around noon. The con was held from October 6-7, 2012  at it's usual venue at the Atrium of Robinson's Place Ermita. Here are some pics from the event. Pics after the jump.












Like I said in the title, I went to the 2012 Collecticon and all I got was this Lego mini fig. I'm not really a mini fig collector like my buds, but there are a few of those that I wouldn't mind having. And I just can't pass up this particular fig, well, because he's a merman. I like sea sea beings and merfolk, which is why I have Mera and Aquaman. This mini figure is from series 7 of Lego's collectible Mini Figure series. Named "Ocean King", this fig comes with the standard black base, a crown and a trident to poke wayward merfolk with. I got it loose for Php 150.00 pesos. I found it inside a duffel bag full of Lego mini figures. 


The other thing I got (for free, yay!) was this custom pin badge from the MOTUC/ DC display exhibitors. I was busy snapping away at the their display when one of the guys handed me one. Totally unexpected, but totally appreciated! I'd post a pic, but I can't remember where I put it. I'll snap a pic and post it as soon as I find. I've recently gotten into collecting pin badges (again)and this pin badge would join that slowly growing lot. But that's for another post.

No comments: