The Want / Wish List

Thursday, March 21, 2013

I Went To TAGCOM 2012 and I Got A Bunch Of Stuff


TAGCOM 2012 came and went and here I am posting this very delayed post (I'm seeing a pattern here.).

It was held for 3-days almost a year ago at the Atrium of Robinson's Place Ermita.  I went in early in the afternoon of March 31st but wasn't planning to stay longbecause I had a birthday party to go to after. That, and my brother and his family were arriving later that evening. With toys and comics for me!

I set a budget for spending at a con, something I usually do,  that  includes money for purchases, fare and food expenses. I wasn't really planning on buying a lot of stuff to begin with, because I know that later that day, I had some toys waiting for me at home. I also had a couple of things that I wanted to get, which I knew would be available at TAGCOM, because I knew beforehand which sellers would be there. It was just a matter of finding them.




I arrived around 2 or 3 pm . I noticed there weren't any cosplayers around. Well, maybe there were 2 or 3 going around. I think there was a cosplay event that time and most of them were over there. There weren't that many people yet either so the aisles weren't crowded yet. I went looking for the stuff that I wanted straight away because I was pressed for time. After finding them, I went around a bit to check out what else were out there to see. Here are some more (actually, lots of ) photos.



Some of the toys collections on display:

Robots and superheroes:






From the huge ALIEN diorama:


Some anime figs:



So what stuff did I  get? Well, here they are. The rolled up paper tube are  4 anime posters(2 of which I gave to a friend), a NECA God Of War Kratos fig; 3 loose C.I.-Boys, a loose Zipline Bats, and Cyberforce #3. The tiny Pooh and Bambi are from a second hand toy store  I went to before heading to TAGCOM. More of them in another post.



I got the posters at 3 for Php 50.00; the other one I paid for Php 20.00 so that's Php 70.00 for all 4. Kratos was a glorious Php 450.00 which is about half of his original retail price; Zipline Bats was Php 100.00 (glorious again) and the 3 C.I.-boys were Php 50.00 each. I got the comic book for Php 50.00. I wanted to get some of those Pinky Street--  I wasn't expecting to find any that time, although I was hoping I would. But at Php 300.00 each, I thought they were a bit too high for my budget so I passed.

After going around for a bit, I went on my way. All in all, I'd say it was a very good TAGCOM for me. I got in and out pretty easily, and I walked away with  great purchases with me still way under budget.


No comments: