The Want / Wish List

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Disney Winnie the Pooh x McDonald's Plush


I found this Winnie the Pooh in a big plastic bin of plush toys at a booth during last year's TOYCON. I already got my toys, so I was then looking for something to bring home for my niece. I can tell you right now that she was very happy when I gave it to her the next morning. 

The bin's contents were a mix of different plush toys. I found two of these; one that's already out of it's bag and one still sealed. I got to the sealed one, of course.


This Winnie the Pooh plush doll was released by Mcdonald's, that much I can tell from it's bag. What I'm not sure of is when and where it was released, and what line it was part of. 


A search online gave this page here calling it Disney Winnie the Pooh X HK Mcdonald's, so I guess that's what I'll call it for now. If the information on that page is correct, then I guess we can say that it came out in 1998 in Hong Kong. I'm not sure if the set was also released here in the Philippines or elsewhere, but it's not a possibility to rule out. 




The doll stands (or sits) roughly 6-7 inches high wears a light blue nightgown with "Pooh" printed in white at the front. On his head is a cap in the same light blue color, with a yarn tassle at the end. 


I guess one can say it's in mint condition, because save for the slightly discolored and crumpled bag, the plush is actually in pristine condition. The best part? It was cheap! I got it for only Php 75.00 pesos, which is just almost 2 US dollars or a little over 1 GB pound. A total steal considering the set in the link above is $45, which if divided by 5, works out to $9 a doll.