The Want / Wish List

Thursday, June 19, 2014

World Masterpiece Theater Series II Bottle Cap Collection Patrasche

I'm back with another amazing find from the bargain pile!

I've been seeing this around for some time now, along with other caps from this line, but it wasn't until recently  that I bought one. When I saw this , I didn't immediately recognize that it was Patrasche from "A Dog Of Flanders", an anime that I loved when I was a kid. I just thought "Hey, what a cute toy. I'm going to buy this".


It wasn't until I went online to look for information about this toy that I learned it was indeed  Patrasche.  I didn't recognize him because it turns out he's from the other version which came out in 1975, and not the one that I watched when I was a kid back in the 90's.

This one is the version I saw as a kid. Image via

We got it from one of the many bins at a 2nd hand toystore in a mall in Ortigas. My buds were going through this huge bin of toys on the floor and one of them found it.


This is from The World Masterpiece Theater bottle cap collection that came out in 2002 and was made by Kaiyodo. The figures came out as two collections, as far as I know (I could be wrong), and this was part of the second set. The figs are characters from western classics that were made into anime.


It's approximately 2 inches tall and an inch wide and shows Patrasche lying on a wooden floor. He's looking up at a painting that's propped up on a wooden chair and a close look at the canvas, you'll see that it's a painting of him and his master, Nello. On the side of the bottle cap you'll see the print " The World Masterpiece Collection II" in gold.



I love how detailed this toy  is. You can see the wood grain on the chair as well as the highlights in Patrasche's eyes. I wish they did something with his fur though because that would have made it more awesome. The paint job is also very superb, save for that little spot on Patrasch'es back. The figure over-all is a fine example of the fine crafstmanship that Japanese miniature model makers are known for.

I got it for Php 25.00 pesos , I think.


There are other figures from this collection that I would like to get, like Remy and that yellow raccoon whose name escapes me at the moment. I'm also wishing to find something with Patrasche and Nello,if there is one, because that would really make my day. And hopefully I'd get them all for cheap too.

That's it for now. Till the next toy bin dive!

No comments: