The Want / Wish List

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Superdeux x Red Magic's CiBoys

Today I want to post about designer vinyl toys. I have several of them at home and most of them are CiBoys. CiBoys are a line of designer vinyl toys made  by designer Superdeux and Taiwan-based Red Magic.

Vinyl Creep describes Ciboys as "Joke-playing, destructive little monsters, who would’ve guessed that they used to be human? Their dissatisfaction with the world caused their evolution. Now they’re everywhere, demolishing everything they hate with unique Death-ray Cannons. Take a closer look – they could be right beside you! ".


Ciboys were made mostly as 2.5 inch figures, but there were a some that were made in a much larger size. They were produced around the early 2000's upto before 2010, I think. At it's core, Ciboys consisted of 8 characters: Deri, Poka, Migu,Nomi, Hiro, To-7, Go and X-cite .

I'm not really sure and I can't check because their website is now in-active. Right now, Red Magic seems to have stopped production, but during the time they were being made, several series were introduced, including some collaboration designs with big commercial brands.

I first saw Ciboys back in 2010 at a couple of stores that sell 2nd hand and discounted toys. The photos above are some of the ones I found since I've discovered these cute little things.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

God, these things are cute little buggers.

Ryan said...

Yes, they are! Which is why I got hooked. LOL