The Want / Wish List

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

C.I.Boys Bugs World Deribird

Hello 2016!

As part of my New Year's resolutions, I am willing myself to start blogging more, so, fingers crossed, this blog will get more updated than it did the previous years. Let me start it off with this cute little bug.

This is one of several C.I.Boys in my collection. I got it a few years ago at TAGCOM, back when it was still at Robinson's Place in Ermita. I got it with two other C.I.Boys. I found it loose and got it for Php 50.00.


After some research online, I have learned that this C.I. Boys figure is called Deribird from the C.I.Boys Bug's World series that came out in 2007. I'm assuming the figures came blind-boxed which is standard for the line.  Speaking of research sources, the C.I.Boys website is up again! Sadly, there are no new news about the C.I.Boys.

Let's get back to the figure.

Deribird is Deri, one of the C.I.Boys, who is wearing a pink bug costume. It stands about 2.5-3 inches tall and about 1.5-2 inches wide. 


I'm assuming he's supposed to be a ladybird because of his name, but aren't ladybirds supposed to be black, red and white? Regardless , this is one cute and very eye-catching figure. I love the pink and yellow combination of the bug suit.


The head can be turned a full 360 degrees if the headpiece with the big bug eyes is removed. The arms are detachable and can be turned as well.


There are holes on each “hand” to attach accessories, but this figure didn't come with any. I'm not sure if it actually came with accessories because my search online didn't yield results regarding the matter.

Finding these at toyshops is always great, and I'm hoping someday I'll find more bugs to keep Deribird company. Bugs never really bothered me anyway, especially not ones as cute and colorful as this little critter.

No comments: