The Want / Wish List

Monday, February 29, 2016

C.I.Boys Sports Series 1 Poka The Weightlifter

Here's another one of those cute vinyl things I collect.

This is Poka The Weightlifter. I'll call him that because I really don't know his official name for the series. Poka is one of the C.I.Boys, a line of cute vinyl toys by Red Magic.


I found it loose at one of the toy shops I used to go to, priced at Php 50.00, the same as most of the C.I.Boys I've found. This figure was part of  The C.I.Boys Sports Series 1, a series that came out in 2008. It stands roughly around 2.5-3 inches high.


Poka the Weightlifter has  brown hair and is wearing an orange suit with white stripes on the side. The number 08, 2008, stars, the series he's from, and his name are printed on it.The head can be turned a full 360 degrees and his  hair is removable. The arms are detachable and can be turned as well.


There are holes on each “hand” to attach accessories, but this figure didn't come with any. According to images from the C.I.Boys website, however, Poka comes with one set of weights.


Here is Poka with another figure from the same series. I'll be featuring him in a future post.


As with all the C.I.Boys in my possession, I'm hoping I'll find more of these athletic incarnations of these cute vinyl fiends. I was fortunate enough to have found three, two of which I still have today.



No comments: