The Want / Wish List

Monday, March 28, 2016

C.I.Boys Spaceboys Series 1 Deri The Black Skull Spaceboy

This is Deri The Black Skull Spaceboy. It's quite a mouthful, I know, but for the purpose of this post I'll have to call him that because I really don't know what his official name is. Deri is one of the C.I.Boys, a line of cute vinyl toys by Red Magic and Superdeux.



I found it loose at TAGCOM in 2012. It was among a handful of loose C.I.Boys at one of the stalls. I didn't get all of them; I just picked out the ones that I liked and bought them. I ended up with three which I paid Php 50.00 each.


This figure was part of The C.I.Boys Spaceboys Series 1, a series that came out in 2008 according to the C.I.Boy's website. It stands roughly around 2  inches high.

Deri is wearing an all black suit with white embellishments. On the back is a painted on jet pack. On his head is a helmet that reminds me of a skull somehow. It's got some white markings with a greenish plastic front.



I'm assuming it's removable, as most head pieces on just about every C.I.Boy I have are, but this one is stuck to the figure's head. You'll notice it's not even on properly. I got it already like that and I've been trying to pull it off but it just won't budge.


The head can be turned a full 360 degrees even with the helmet on. The arms are detachable and can be turned as well. There are holes on each “hand” to attach accessories, but this figure didn't come with any. Based on images from the C.I.Boys website, this figure doesn't come with accessories.

Here is Deri The Black Skull Spaceboy with other Deris in my collection. They'll will soon be featured in upcoming posts.

No comments: